- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, broken into chunks
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- Unbaked Pie crust (link)
- Salt pepper to taste
- About 1-2 cups Veggie of choice (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- Put an unbaked pie crust into an ungreased pie pan or cake pan
- Add eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and cheese into vitamix and blend medium (4-5) for about 10 seconds.
- Add vegetable and blend to desired consistency (usually about 10 more seconds)
- Pour into pan and bake for 35 min or until golden brown and spongy in texture. Let cool, and enjoy!
For this recipe I made two quiche, one had Malabar Spinach and the other used up some leftover salad toppings. You can use any type of vegetables in this quiche depending on what flavors you like, my favorite is spinach! Just make a note that juicy vegetables like zucchini will make the quiche more watery.
Adding ingredients in this recipe is easy, you simply crack the eggs into the container, measure out the cream, salt/pepper, and cheese, and then start blending!
Blending for about 10 seconds mixes everything well, and leaves some cheese chunks that will be worked out in the next step.
Now you just add the vegetables of choice, here we have spinach. You can use your Vitamix plunger to push the vegetables down if they are light or not sinking well. Blend them in for about 10 seconds, and then pour into your crust. It is literally that easy!
There we have the unbaked spinach quiche. Next up, salad fixings. I had some squash, onions, bell pepper, and cheese leftover so I made a dump quiche.
I also couldn’t find my other cake pan, so I used a casserole dish. You can easily alter this recipe to fit a larger dish. For this I added two more eggs and another 1/3 cup of heavy cream and it fit perfectly.
Now bake and enjoy! The quiche will be a lovely spongy texture and will separate during baking into lovely layers. This is honestly my favorite quiche.
Let me know how this recipe works for you!